City of Knoxville Parks and Recreation
Welcome to the Parks & Recreation Page!
We are here to help you meet your parks, recreation, fitness, and wellness needs. We offer something for all ages. We have everything from preschool swim lessons to senior fitness classes. The department's office is located in the Recreation Center. If you have an idea for a program or class, a question, a comment, or a concern, I can be reached at the Recreation Center by calling 1-641-828-0580. We as a department are here to serve you! Thank you for showing interest in parks and recreation activities.
Parks and Recreation Director
The Knoxville Recreation Center is dedicated to providing a variety of recreation, fitness, and wellness opportunities to enhance the quality of life for people in the Knoxville area and to maintain quality facilities and services to meet the community needs.
- Wellness Assessments
- KaPOW (Kids and Parents on Weights 6-8 Grade)
- Personal Training
- Exercise Orientation (Walk through on how to use the equipment)
Policies & Procedures for Special Accommodations
The City of Knoxville and the Knoxville Recreation Center welcomes all individuals and families to participate and enjoy programs and facilities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. The City of Knoxville and the Knoxville Recreation Center encourages individuals with special needs to participate in our programs, classes, and events.
If you are a person with special needs and would like information and support for accessibility of programs or facilities, email Brandon Nemmers or call at 641-828-0580. It is the responsibility of an individual with special needs requiring accommodations to inform the recreation director when signing up for a program or event.
Program & Event Registration
- You can register at the Recreation Center front desk during open building hours
- You may print a registration sheet out here and bring it into the Recreation Center with your payment. Please note that you will need to check on deadlines and lesson availability when printing off a form online.
Some opportunities are seasonal. For current openings visit the Jobs Postings on this website.
- Building Supervisor (Front Desk)
- Fitness Instructor
- Swim Team Coach
- Youth and Adult Sports Official